Records & Accomplishments
The Company was registered in 2014 under the name of Investigation Services SA t/a South Cape Insurance Verification Services. The directors decided at the start of 2016 to permanently change the company name to South Cape Insurance Verification Services. Research and proven methodology has shown that the verification of claims has become a necessity in the Insurance Industry to prevent and combat syndicated fraud that infiltrates the Underwriting and Claims space of an Insurance Company which in turn could lead to huge losses and risk exposure.
Areas we service
The Company is currently situated in Gauteng although our infrastructure is diverse and organised and allows us to offer our services to the following regions:
- George & surrounding areas
- Cape Town & surrounding areas (including West Coast)
- Gauteng & surrounding areas
- Kwa-Zulu Natal - Durban & surrounding areas
- Limpopo province
- Mpumalanga province
- Free state and Northwest areas
- Bethlehem & surrounding areas
- Eastern Cape & surrounding areas
- Southern Cape & surrounding areas
- Western Cape & surrounding areas
- Northern Cape $ surrounding areas
- Westcoast & surrounding areas
All investigators have an average of 20 years’ experience in the verification of Insurance Claims and the interpretation of policy wording etc.:
- Previously been employed by the SIU (Specialist Investigation Unit) of Mutual and Federal Insurance
- Other Insurance Companies
- SA Police Service (specifically the Detective Service)
- Retired/retrenched from insurance industry
- Resigned from insurance industry
The company is aware of the value of their combined skills and experience and its relevance and importance in the field of insurance.
Many of the Investigators held senior positions within the SIU (Head of SIU, Managerial roles and Senior investigators).
The SIU over the years has been responsible for the identification and prosecution of many syndicates and we proudly say we enforce the Zero tolerance policy against fraud.
SCIVS make use of the following to conduct Investigation & Verification of Insurance claims:
- Insurer – records to the applicable claim.
- SCIVS’s own resources (ITC Transunion, SAPS information, Metro police information, Unicode, HPI, Natis, Accident reports, witnesses etc.)
- Forensic and Specialist investigators - as per the approval of the Insurer.
We are members of the following institutions :
- IAATI – International Association of Auto Theft Investigators – SAB Branch South Africa
- ICB – Insurance Crime Bureau – Associate Membership
- IASIU - International Association of Special Investigation Units